Hard Work - Benevolence - Determination
or by emailing it to:
<-- Click to download the
application for the
2019-2020 academic year.
Submit your completed application by:
Apply for Scholarship
The primary purpose of the Jayda Dionne Parker Scholarship Fund is to provide a deserving student financial assistance for college expenses. The scholarship is available to all students who meet the following requirements regardless of age, race, sex, or sexual orientation.
1) A completed application form
2) Documentation of acceptance or enrollment in an accredited college or university;
3) Two Letters of recommendation; one from a teacher and another from a counselor,community leader or other adult
who is not a family member;
4) An official academic transcript; and
5) A 500 word essay (750 words max) which describes how the applicant exemplifies Jayda Dionne Parker’s
characteristics of hard work, caring and service to others and determination to succeed. The essay must include a
statement of a major hurdle which was overcome, a summary of how the applicant was changed by the experience,
and an assertion of how overcoming adversity influenced the applicant’s plans for the future. In preparing this essay,
applicants are encouraged to visit www.jdpscholar.org to learn about Jayda Dionne Parker’s attributes and to include in
their essay a specific statement of how their attributes exemplify Jayda’s character.
*Applications for the 2019-2020 academic year have closed. Please check back in January 2020 to apply for the 2020-2021 academic year!
Jayda Dionne Parker
PO Box 1636
Stone Mountain, Ga 30086
Copyright 2019 Jayda Dionne Parker Scholarship Fund